- War Deterrence
· The Republic of Korea Navy will conduct show of force through various exercises and patrols to deter enemy aggression.
· Conduct patrol operations in adjacent maritime domains to prevent enemy unconventional warfare forces from infiltrating our territory.
- Protection of National Sovereignty and Maritime Interests
· Conduct maritime patrol to protect Sea Lane of Communication (SLOC) and navigation of merchant ships.
· Protect marine resources within economic zone, and prevent terrorism-at-sea and illicit commercial activities.
· Conduct all-weather patrol near disputed islands
· Conduct surveillance and clearance activities to prevent sea contamination within economic zone.
- Support Foreign Policy and Elevate National Prestige
· Participate in Peace-keeping Operations (PKO) as a member of the United Nations(UN).
· Join multilateral security cooperation such as Exercise RIMPAC.
· Elevate national prestige through port-visit of the R.O.K. Navy Ship.
- Force projection
· Strike the enemy in the flank and rear coasts with a strategic landing and conduct naval gunfire, Guided missile attack and special warfare on enemy key command and control facilities and military installations and key strategic targets.
- Sea control
Search and destroy enemy combat forces by employing surface combatants, maritime aircraft and submarines to deny enemy maritime activities and secure our maritime activities.
- SLOC protection
· Search and destroy enemy submarines and escort shipping with ASW ships, submarines, and ASW aircraft to protect SLOCs that are critical to national prosperity.
· Moreover, clear enemy mines and open ports, utilizing SMCMs and AMCMs.